2012/12/10

Complete the sentences.
  1. Don't smoke in the forest. Fires    break out    easily at this time of the year.
  2. I look     forward to    seeing my friends again.
  3. I'm afraid; we have    run out    of apple juice. Will an orange juice do?
  4. Your website has helped me a lot to    keep up    the good work.
  5. A friend of mine has    called off    her wedding.
  6. His mother can't    put up with    his terrible behavior anymore.
  7. As an excuse for being late, she    made up    a whole story.
  8. I got    carried away    by his enthusiasm.
  9. I just cannot    do without    my mobile. I always keep it with me.
  10. She was very sad because her father    passed away    last week.


Complete the phrasal verbs with the correct particles.
  1. I don't know where my book is. I must look    for    it.
  2. Fill    in    the form, please.
  3. The music is too loud. Could you turn    down    the volume, please?
  4. Quick, get    on    the bus or you'll have to walk home.
  5. Turn    off    the lights when you go to bed.
  6. Do you mind if I switch    on    the TV? I'd like to watch the news.
  7. The dinner was ruined. I had to throw it    away   .
  8. When you enter the house, take    off    your shoes and put    away    your slippers.
  9. If you don't know this word, you can look it    up    in a dictionary.

Complete the phrasal verbs according to their meanings in brackets.
  1. Take    off    your shoes. (Remove)
  2. Somebody has to look    after    the baby. (Take care of)
  3. She wants to find    out    the truth? (Discover)
  4. Where can I try    on    the sweater? (See if it fits)
  5.    Hurry up   . (Be quick)
  6. Why don't you sit    down   ? (Take a seat)
  7. I will get    on    the train now. (Enter)
  8. Look    up    the word in a dictionary. (Consult a dictionary)
  9. I want to fill    in    the form. (Complete)
  10. The firemen put    out    the fire. (Extinguish)

0 comments:

張貼留言

【回覆須知】
※ 請注意網路禮儀
※ 勾選「通知我」可收到後續回覆的mail